Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fish supper

Sadly, mine didn't look like these!

I was having a very busy night...didn't have time to cook and by the time I got in from work the family had visited their favourite fish and chip shop and the smell was too much of a temptation. Too tired to drive any further, I called in at a more local shop Ruddy's I wish I hadn't bothered! I had to ask for a small fish 3 times...each time the girl went for the large one, I repeated "a small fish please" with a blank look on her face, she wrestled with the small fish again....the look of amazement on my face was the thing that finally made her come too and register what I was saying...why don't shop assistants listen? Do they hate their jobs sooo much??
When I got home, I was so disappointed, the fish batter was hard, greasy and too well done, the fish inside was dry and tasteless, the chips cold and greasy...oh how I wished I'd stuck to one of my favourites.

Ye Olde Fish Shoppe, 8 Hare Lane, Gloucester. Fantastic chips in a cone, eaten after a long days shopping

The London Road Supper Bar Worth the drive to get there...consistently good!

The Seymour Fryer An old favorite when we lived on that side of town.

No comments: